There is no marriage that is perfect. That’s just the fact. The secret to enjoying your marriage is knowing how to weather the bad times, because it is during the bad times that couples get fade up and want a way out. So if you know how to weather these bad times, then your marriage will work out fine and you will enjoy a lasting relationship with your spouse.
FACTORS THAT CAUSE BAD TIMES IN MARRIAGES.
- Communication breakdown
- Distant relationship
- Please add yours to the list….
If you noticed from the list above, I didn’t include lack of love. This is because from day one you loved the man or woman you got married to, but due to some major differences that have crept into the marriage, you no longer feel that love for your spouse. Now, you’ve come to the conclusion that love no longer exist. No, this is not true. Love is still there, it has gone nowhere. The reason you no longer feel it, is because the unpleasant things in your marriage now outweigh the love you feel for your spouse.
Therefore, if we successfully weed out these unpleasant things, then the love will sprout back to life. That love is still there in your heart, but you no longer feel it because its been suppressed.
In this marriage course, one of our cardinal focal point is to weed out those elements that are suppressing love in marriages.
THE WEEDS IN MARRIAGES
- Low self esteem
- Lack of appreciation
- Selfishness or self centred
- Nagging or fault finding
- Please add yours to the list
It is ok to also classify factors that cause bad times in marriages as weeds. Anything that obstructs the growth of a marriage can be termed as a weed.
PRAYERS FOR TODAY
- Father in Heaven, please locate any weed in my marriage and burn them up in the name of Jesus, Amen.
- Any weed assigned to choke up my marriage, be consumed by the fire of God.
- Oh Lord My Father, You are called the consuming fire, please let your fire pass through my marriage and let everything you did not plant be totally destroyed in the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.
Please note that each prayer should be prayed for at least 15 minutes. If you desire to pray more than that, that’s ok.